Occupy Faith

Occupy Faith
Click thru to site

LECTIONARY

LECTIONARY
Click thru to site

Monday, October 25, 2010

Signs of the times - austerity versus providence


I often bemoan to myself the fact (is it really a fact?) that the church and its leaders do not see the signs of the times.  So I rejoice when people actually do.  

Christine Sine writes empathetically and very much to the point here in her post Austerity measures - what would Jesus do?  What I like about Christine's point of view is the way she has drawn together and listed the programs and movements that have become part of Christian life over the last decade or so.  Is this God's mercy shining through?  Are these outworkings, in the final analysis, prophetic moves in the Body of Christ to prepare us to help ourselves and reach out to others in a planetary crisis?  Are the people and ideas in all these activities God's smart ideas shining through in His people?  I suspect this just might be the case.  I hope against hope that this just might be the case. 

It would certainly be par for the course for the Designer/Creator/Father/Provider that I know and love.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment