Occupy Faith

Occupy Faith
Click thru to site

LECTIONARY

LECTIONARY
Click thru to site

Monday, April 09, 2007

Season of the Soul: Easter-wings

Noli me tangere - Lavinia Fontana - 1581
Jesus said to her:
"Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father;
but go to my brethren and say to them,
I am ascending to my Father and your Father;
to my God and your God."
John 20:17 (RSV)
Easter-wings
Lord, who created man in wealth and store,
Though foolishly he lost the same,
Decaying more and more,
Till he became
Most poor:
With thee
Oh let me rise
As larks, harmoniously,
And sing this day your victories:
Then shall the fall further the flight in me.

My tender age in sorrow did begin:
And still with sicknesses and shame
You did so punish sin,
That I became
Most thin.
With thee
Let me combine
And feel this day your victory:
For, if I imp my wing on thine ,
Affliction shall advance the flight in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment