Occupy Faith

Occupy Faith
Click thru to site

LECTIONARY

LECTIONARY
Click thru to site

Friday, March 02, 2007

Seasons of the Soul: Praise (II)


Praise (II)
King of Glory, King of Peace,
I will love you:
And that love may never cease,
I will move you.

You have granted my request,
You have heard me:
You did note my working breast,
You have spared me.

Therefore with my utmost art
I will sing you,
And the cream of all my heart
I will bring you.

Though my sins against me cried,
You did clear me;
And alone, when they replied,
You did hear me.

Seven whole days, not one in seven,
I will praise you.
In my heart, though not in heaven,
I can raise you.

You grew'st soft and moist with tears,
You relented:
And when
Justice called for fears,
You dissented.

Small it is, in this poor sort
To enroll thee:
Even eternity is to short
To extol thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment