Occupy Faith

Occupy Faith
Click thru to site

LECTIONARY

LECTIONARY
Click thru to site

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A blogging milestone


Picture from here and edited

The first post on this blog was on 23 September 2006. The blog is intended to be a repository for spiritual resources with an emphasis on desert spirituality which was defined in the very first post.

In the almost three years since the blog began, there have been times when I seem to have tapped the mother lode and there has been plenty to add and the blog has been a hive of activity. At other times, as life takes over there have been prolonged absences from the blog for which I apologise.

I don't know who reads the blog but I know visitors come from across the world. Unfortunately, some seem to come only for images and I am unaware of where these end up, in spite of asking for the courtesy of attribution for anything that comes from the blog.

Many do come from searches for desert spirituality and I hope they find the resources here on this blog useful.

The purpose of this reflection is that, in spite of the ups and downs of life and the blog, one person from South Africa in the very, very early hours of the morning (AEST) became the 7,000th visitor. 7,000 is not an exciting number in terms of big-hitting blogs. It is quite pedestrian. For me and this blog, though, considering that desert spirituality is not a pursuit of popular or political culture, I consider this a milestone on which I must remark.

MAY GOD GO WITH YOU
BLESS YOU PROFUSELY
AND INCREASE IN YOU HIS PEACE
AS YOU SEEK HIS FACE.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment